- December 20: Nissan Titan Recall Issued After 'Thermal Incident' recalls | 33 days ago
- December 11: Nissan Sentra Recall Ordered For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 42 days ago
- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 82 days ago
2017 Nissan Sentra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2017 Nissan Sentra has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data from the earlier model years in this same 7th generation Sentra.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Sentra owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
Worst 2017 Nissan Sentra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems2
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 24
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 16
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 14
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 13
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Sentra Model Years
Curious how the 2017 Sentra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Sentra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sentra.