- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 61 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 63 days ago
- November 18: Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 67 days ago
- November 17: Nissan Infiniti Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 68 days ago
2017 Nissan Sentra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2017 Nissan Sentra has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data from the earlier model years in this same 7th generation Sentra.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Sentra owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
Worst 2017 Nissan Sentra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems2
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 16
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 13
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 12
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 10
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Sentra Model Years
Curious how the 2017 Sentra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Sentra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sentra.