- March 4: Tesla Recalls Model Y SUVs Over Loose Seatback Frame Bolts recalls | 23 days ago
- February 27: Ram 1500 and 2500 Recall Issued Over Backup Camera Failures recalls | 28 days ago
- February 26: Mercedes Exploding Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- February 25: eTorque Problems Cause Ram and Jeep Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- February 24: Ram Fire Recall Involves Intake Heater Grid Relays recalls | 31 days ago
Starts And Immediately Shuts Off
2014 Ram 1500
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ram dealer.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 4,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- dealer reprogrammed both keys (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2014 1500 problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Had it into the dealer twice for the same problem after it happened several times with both keys. Total of two weeks one time and a week another time at dealer. They of course couldn't duplicate the problem. Picked it up after the first two weeks when they couldn't fix it and drove it about 17 miles and 25 minutes away to get lunch and it did it at the restaurant right after leaving the dealer. Tried both keys since I had the other one with me and they both would start the vehicle but then shut off immediately. Second time it was in for a week and they couldn't duplicate the problem.
One of the techs decided to reprogram both keys and it hasn't happened since. Yeah! Now side mirrors don't defrost and I'm sitting on the three recall notices I got last fall. And it's been in once for a check engine light to be reset because of a slow evap leak. And the gas cap light came on for a while about two weeks and 100 miles after getting gas. Thank God I'm only leasing it because I'm going to probably buy a new Ford in 18 months when the lease is up.
- Scott S., Vancouver, WA, US