5.2

2015 Ram 1500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ram 1500:

2015 Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 162018

1500

Headlights will shut off then turn back on so fast if you blink you miss it. Have not noticed a pattern in when it happens. Only time I have not noticed it happening is when the headlights are on while vehicle is not running. Have talked to four different dealers and called the manufacturer directly still no help.

- Groton, CT, USA

Sep 212018

1500

No high beams no reverse lights no license plate lights

- Spring Grove, PA, USA

Jul 012017

1500

Rear cab 3rd brake light leaks extreme amount of water when raining hard. There are hundards of video that highlight this issue. Water entering the cab could potentially start a fire or some kind of electric short. Chrysler/Ram doesn't offer a solution to fix at their cost.

- Newton, IA, USA

Oct 062017

1500

One day last week I woke up and my left rear steering wheel control button stopped functioning. (turns the radio station tuning down) also the high mounted reverse lights do not work when in reverse. I also had a blown high mounted rear brake light bulb out which was replaced. Horn works no check engine light. I have not taken it to do to diagnostic cost.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Sep 032015

1500

My radio screen went black where you could see nothing on it no matter what controllers you tried to switch. This happened almost on every trip. The only way to get it on was to pull over and let the vehicle stand for a little bit until it cools down, then it would turn back on. Brought to the dealership was told that it could have been related to the radio security recall. Got the radio software updated. The problem did not completely disappear. The radio screen light started dimming for several minutes, and then getting brighter. Off and on, no matter what time of day and how dark or bright it is outside. It is very distracting especially when driving at night. I addressed the problem at the dealership but they told me it does that for safety reasons. Wonder why it didn't happen to the rental truck that they had me drive while my truck was in the shop?? another issue I had was the check engine light went on for a full day. Called the dealership, they said that they did not get any signal or a malfunction code. At the end of the day in turned off.

- Mint Hill, NC, USA

Oct 052016

1500

This vehicle was leased from mid country Chrysler Dodge Jeep on 12/16/2015 as part of an eight vehicle fleet. On 10/5/2016, the vehicle failed to start and jumper cables were required to start the engine. Vehicle operator is currently delivering the vehicle to the mid county dealership for repairs. The operator reports that the electrical system is erratic - the speedometer is not working, the tachometer is not working, the odometer is not working, indicator panel lights are flickering, and seat belt alert system is turning on without cause. Mechanics report will be provided as it becomes available. While this is the first malfunction on this particular vehicle, it is important to note that our fleet consists solely of Ram 1500S, with seven being 2016 models and one 2015. Battery and electrical system failure has been pervasive throughout our entire fleet.

- Forest Hills, NY, USA

Jul 032015

1500

I had standard headlight, 9012 halogen, and living out in the country the lighting is very poor, I have too use my fog lights to see appropriately, I tried to change it to silverstar ultra high performance halogen headlight, and still no improvement, also causes the auto headlight no to function anymore. This truck cost over 50K, and the lighting is very poor.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Apr 092016

1500

While driving at night the lights on the instrument cluster start blinking from dim to bright, this make it extreamly difficult to see. The only way to get it to stop is to pull off the road and turn the vehicle off and restart it. This is extreamly dangerous when you have to pull off the side of a highway.

- Mcminnville, TN, USA

Sep 162015

1500

The contact owns a 2015 Ram 1500. The contact stated that the low beams were very dim. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 550. The VIN was not available.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 112016

1500

Low beam headlights very weak. Poor visibility down the road. Dangerous level of visibility compared to the other vehicles I have owned.

- White Bear Lake, MN, USA

Mar 172015

1500

The low beam projector head lights do not put out enough light to drive safely at night. Even on a clear night I have to put my fog lights on to be able to see the side of the road, if the road is wet with on coming traffic I just point the truck and hope for the best. I will not drive at night any more if I can help it. I have found an after market replacement bulb that may help.

- Billings, MT, USA

Oct 132015

1500

Bought new last week. Drove at night and the headlights are so dim I have to use high beams rather than the standard headlights. Safety issue for night driving.

- Boise, ID, USA

Jul 042015

1500

I have owned this truck for several months with no issues and I have not driven when it has been dark outside. But on this occasion it was night and I noticed the headlights were extremely dim and seemed to be adjusted to low so stopped found the level adjustment for the head lights and made an adjustment which raised them but made little or no difference. I did some research and it is a well known issues and is one of the first upgrades done... amazingly like myself on new trucks... I then went and purchased a complete set of sylvania silver star ultra low and high beam and fog light replacements. That completely cured the issue. Now I have lights that work and are safe to drive at night I have also made Ram aware through an email. I realize profit margins are driving force today but this is a safety concern that needs to be addressed

- Lerona, WV, USA

Mar 142015

1500 4WD

This has been an ongoing issue with poor headlights in my Ram. We were on our way back to New York from Florida and went from lewis Delaware to cape may on the ferry. When we got off the ferry it was after 9:00 pm and was very dark. We proceeded to head for the beach area of cape may and my wife told me to turn the headlights on to which I responded they are on. I am 66 years old and have had 6 trucks starting in 1998 and many SUV's. I have never had headlights that were anything like these. On the way down I drove for a short time in the dark looking for a motel. From the motel the next morning I contacted Ram who gave me a dealer to check out the lights. I stopped and he agreed with me that they were not very bright and that's that. When I returned home I brought the truck to the dealer I purchased it from and they told me they were working as designed, which by now I know it was a bad design. I contacted Ram again and here is there response was we appreciate the time and effort you took to tell us of your dissatisfaction in our product. Comments like yours are one way to learn of problems that develop and the improvements desired. We have documented your comments and will provide them to the product development team for review. The truck is a severe safety hazard to drive at night and the Ram message boards have many complaints about the headlights.I need brighter, safer headlights now and not when there development team figure it out. You would think for a truck that costs $50000 could be driven safely at night.

- Ballston Lake, NY, USA