- June 15: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled Over Seat Frames recalls | 2 days ago
- May 29: Ford Recalls F-350 and F-450 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 19 days ago
- May 28: More Than 510,000 Ram Trucks Recalled Over Lugnuts recalls | 20 days ago
- May 6: Hyundai Recalls 2021 Elantra For Seatback Problems recalls | 42 days ago
- April 28: Subaru Cracked Windshield Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 50 days ago
Ram TSB #9003669
2015 Ram 1500
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
- Auto Trans Rotary Electronic Shifter The rotary shifter is designed to actuate a motor within the device whenever the driver places their foot on the brake, with the car in Park (or Neutral). This generates a noise with each brake press/release. Therefore, even after replacing the shifter for a noise complaint, the replacementpart will also have a characteristic noise generated whenever the driver steps on the brake. Before performing a repair procedure for a noise complaint, please perform a subjective analysis of the noise coming from the rotary shifter. If the shifter noise is deemed abnormal sound (has an uncharacteristic buzz or grind), please proceed with normal replacement procedure. If so equipped, record the sound with a handheld microphone, or cell phone, and if noise is above 54dB @ 30cm away from the knob, please proceed with normal replacement procedure. For any further questions, please contact Theodore Kahiya at cell (519) 300-2443.
Click a tab for more information.