- December 8: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Inspection Lawsuit Filed news | 2 days ago
- December 7: Ram 2500 and Ram 3500 Steering Failure Investigation Upgraded investigations | 3 days ago
- December 6: Chrysler Recalls Ram 1500 For Power Steering Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- November 30: Hyundai Panoramic Sunroof Settlement is Final news | 10 days ago
- November 28: Ram ProMaster Recall Needed To Prevent Cooling Fan Fires recalls | 12 days ago
Ram Recall S32: Front Halfshafts May Fracture
2016 Ram 1500
A fractured halfshaft may damage underbody components and create road debris, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2016 RAM 1500 trucks manufactured February 19, 2016, to March 3, 2016. The front halfshafts may have been incorrectly manufactured causing them to fracture without warning.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace both front halfshafts, free of charge. The recall began on July 5, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S32.
- Documents (16)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised July 2016
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/11/2016 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – S32051116
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2016
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.