- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 9 days ago
- January 7: Ram 4500 and 5500 Trucks Under Federal Investigation investigations | 13 days ago
- January 5: Cadillac XLR Retractable Roof Investigation Closes investigations | 15 days ago
- December 29: VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Alleges Warranty Is Worthless news | 22 days ago
- December 23: Subaru Cracked Windshield Class Action Lawsuit Filed in California news | 28 days ago
Ram Recall U74: Tailgate May Open Unexpectedly
2016 Ram 1500
If the tailgate latch releases and the tailgate opens while driving, cargo may fall out, creating a road hazard and increasing the risk of a crash.
Structure — Body — Tailgate
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Tailgate — Latch
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2015-2017 RAM 1500, 2500, and 3500 pickup trucks equipped with a power locking tailgate and either a 5 foot, 7 inch or 6 foot, 4 inch bed. The tailgate actuator limiter tab may fracture and cause the tailgate to unlatch and open while driving.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will repair the vehicle, free of charge. The recall began September 17, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U74.
Click a tab for more information.