- December 1: Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled Over Rearview Camera Images recalls | 4 days ago
- November 17: Ram Fuel Pump Recall Involves 246,000 Trucks recalls | 18 days ago
- November 8: Mercedes Sunroof Lawsuit Dismissed, Permanently news | 27 days ago
- October 29: Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Vehicles Recalled For Suspensions recalls | 37 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 40 days ago
Ram Recall V12: Defrost System Incompatibility/FMVSS 103
2019 Ram 1500
The lack of a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system may decrease the driver's visibility, increasing the risk of crash.
Visibility — Defroster/Defogger/Hvac System
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 RAM 1500 vehicles equipped with a 12" touchscreen display and a base-level heating, ventilation and air conditioning ("HVAC") system. Vehicles with this combination do not have a functioning windshield defrosting and defogging system. As a result, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 103, "Windshield defrosting and defogging systems."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will repurchase the affected vehicles. The recall began March 7, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is V12.
- Documents (9)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 103
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 01/31/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V12
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.