- November 27: FCA Recalls Ram 1500, Jeep Gladiator and Jeep Wrangler recalls | 8 days ago
- November 26: Toyota FJ Cruiser Frame Rust Lawsuit Dismissed, For Now news | 9 days ago
- November 19: Jeep Sway Bar Disconnect Class Action Lawsuit Says Systems Faulty news | 16 days ago
- November 17: Ram Transmission Problems Cause 16 Fires, and a Recall recalls | 18 days ago
- November 14: FCA Settles With California Over Alleged Emissions Violations news | 21 days ago
Ram Recall U88: Rear Axle May Fail Due To Insufficient Oil Level
2019 Ram 1500
If the rear axle assembly fails, it can cause a loss of drive or the rear wheels may lock up. Either scenario increases the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018-2019 RAM 1500 trucks. The rear differential may have been insufficiently filled, possibly resulting in its failure.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear axle oil level. Rear axles with an insufficient amount of oil will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began September 26, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U88.
- Documents (13)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 08/30/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U88
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - U88 Owner Repaired
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.