- November 27: FCA Recalls Ram 1500, Jeep Gladiator and Jeep Wrangler recalls | 9 days ago
- November 26: Toyota FJ Cruiser Frame Rust Lawsuit Dismissed, For Now news | 10 days ago
- November 19: Jeep Sway Bar Disconnect Class Action Lawsuit Says Systems Faulty news | 17 days ago
- November 17: Ram Transmission Problems Cause 16 Fires, and a Recall recalls | 19 days ago
- November 14: FCA Settles With California Over Alleged Emissions Violations news | 22 days ago
Ram Recall V29: Steering Wheel May Detach From Steering Column
2019 Ram 1500
If the steering wheel detaches from the steering column, the driver may lose control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of crash.
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Jeep Wrangler and 2019 Ram 1500 vehicles. These vehicles have improperly machined steering column stub shafts that may break, possibly causing the steering wheel to detach from the steering column.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the steering column, replacing it, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began April 5, 2019. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is V29.
- Documents (9)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 03/21/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V29
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.