8.0

2019 Ram 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Ram 1500:

2019 Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 202018

1500 Laramie V8 Hemi

click to see larger images

power steering failure power steering failure

While driving my work today I was taking a left turn and my power steering stopped working at approx 30mph. My car had the power steering light pop up and also my screen in my gauge clustered said, "Power Steering Unavailable Service Required." I literally almost crashed into a huge electrical pole. due to my steering while becoming extremely stiff. My current mileage is 2270.6 miles. About a minute later my power steering came back and my truck was fine.

While parking my truck at work in the parking lot about 5 min. after the first failure my power steering failed again but came back within seconds.

On the way home from work my power steering failed and didn't come back for about 8mins/several miles. My power steering continues to fail then come back to normal then fail again.

Extremely dangerous!

- Anthony L., Sturtevant, US

Jan 022019

1500 Laramie 5.7L

While driving the vehicles power steering cuts in and out.

- Jarrod G., Albuqerque, NM, US

Dec 142018

1500 Bighorn 5.6L

Power steering stop working and truck would not turn at all. Very dangerous, car at dealer waiting for repair. This is a very dangerous problem and needs to be addressed before someone is hurt.

- gilbertmedina1gm, Newark, US