5.0

2013 Ram 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ram 2500:

2013 Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Aug 082017

2500

My vehicle has a ratcheting sound that comes from somewhere in the left front corner of the truck when a pothole or dip is driven over at highway speeds. I am unable to tell if this is caused by the braking system, suspension or steering mechanism. I can clearly feel the ratcheting vibrations in on the steering wheel making me believe it is part of steering or suspension. This has been going on in this truck for at least 4 years now and it seems to be getting worse over time. I have taken this truck into multiple dealers to resolve this issue, while both in warranty and out of warranty. The dealers are able to reproduce the noise but unable to find the cause and correct it. This has been an ongoing issue and I am concerned about the safety aspect. Most recently the dealer that I bought it from told me that I should just trade it in for a new one and that the people that test drive the the truck one wouldn't be able to find the issue and I would get the most money now. Seemed very shady to me. I have a complete and up to date service history on this truck and have had lots of issues with it but this one has to be the most annoying. That and the drivers side door mirror that seems to be badly engineered and being unable to see out of it while driving because of the rough ride.

- Beebe, AR, USA