- March 7: Chrysler Will Buy Back Certain 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks recalls | 14 days ago
- February 15: Mercedes Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 34 days ago
- February 7: Cadillac XLR Roof Problems Investigated by Feds investigations | 42 days ago
- February 5: Recall: 2019 Ram 1500 Adjustable Brake Pedals Can Fall Off recalls | 44 days ago
- February 5: Steering Losses Cause Recall of 600,000 Ram 2500 and 3500 Trucks recalls | 44 days ago
Ram Recall U49: Cruise Control Cannot Be Cancelled
2016 Ram 2500
If the vehicle maintains its speed or accelerates despite attempts to deactivate the cruise control, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
Vehicle Speed Control — Cruise Control
Electrical System — Software
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2014-2018 Dodge Journey, Charger and Durango, RAM 2500, 3500, 3500 Cab Chassis (more than 10,000lb), 4500 Cab Chassis and 5500 Cab Chassis, Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300, 2014-2019 RAM 1500, 2015-2018 Dodge Challenger, 2015-2017 Chrysler 200, 2016-2018 RAM 3500 Cab Chassis (less than 10,000 lb), 2017-2018 Chrysler Pacifica and 2018 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. These vehicles are being recalled to address a defect that could prevent the cruise control system from disengaging. If, when using cruise control, there is a short circuit within the vehicle's wiring, the driver may not be able to shut off the cruise control either by depressing the brake pedal or manually turning the system off once it has been engaged, resulting in either the vehicle maintaining its current speed or possibly accelerating.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the software, and perform a software flash on the engine or powertrain control module, free of charge. The recall began June 4, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Note: Owners are advised to stop using cruise control until the software update has been performed. In the event that cruise control cannot be disengaged while driving, owners should firmly and steadily apply the brakes and shift the transmission to neutral, placing the vehicle in park once it has stopped.
Click a tab for more information.