- January 13: EcoDiesel Lawsuit Doesn't Include Buybacks news | 5 days ago
- January 11: Chrysler to Pay $800 Million Over EcoDiesel Jeeps and Rams news | 7 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 8 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 26 days ago
- December 20: Ram 2500 Steering Linkage Problems Investigated investigations | 29 days ago
Ram Recall R52: Defective Engine Control Module May Cause Stall
2016 Ram 2500
An engine that stalls without warning increases the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
Electrical System — Ignition — Module
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2016 Ram 2500, 3500, 3500 Cab Chassis and 4500/5500 Cab Chassis trucks manufactured July 31, 2015, to August 13, 2015 and equipped with a 6.7L Cummins Diesel engine. In the affected vehicles, the Engine Control Module (ECM) may short circuit, causing the engine to stall without warning.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ECM, free of charge. The recall began on December 21, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R52.
- Documents (19)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Communications Cover letter
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Communications Cover Letter
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 4
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – R52092415
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.