- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 7 days ago
- August 8: Two 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled For Instrument Clusters recalls | 16 days ago
- August 3: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 21 days ago
- August 2: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
- July 26: Kia Sued After 2011 Soul Hit An Alligator news | 29 days ago
Ram Recall T25: Side Curtain Air Bags May Not Deploy In A Rollover
2016 Ram 2500
If the rollover side curtain air bags and seat belt pretensioners are disabled, there is an increased risk of injury to the vehicle occupants in the event of a crash that necessitates activation of these safety systems.
Air Bags — Roll Protection
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2013-2016 Ram 1500, Ram 2500, and 2014-2016 Ram 3500 vehicles. Certain driving conditions, such as driving off-road or debris striking the vehicle may cause the roll rate sensor to trigger a fault within the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC). If this fault occurs, the rollover side curtain air bag and the seat belt pretensioner will be disabled from deploying.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the ORC software, free of charge. The recall began June 26, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T25.
- Documents (13)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- T25 Dealer Parts Purge Communication May 12, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/12/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T2505122017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised August 2017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2017
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- FCA US LLC Part Information
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.