6.0

2017 Ram 2500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ram 2500:

2017 Ram 2500 Owner Comments

Jun 252018

2500 Laramie 6.7L Diesel

The dimmer switch (beneath the Auto/Off/On light switch) controls both the dash lights as well as the headlights. Dimmer switch seems to work in the opposite directions as well... dims when it should be getting brighter and vice-versa.

- B Z., Kenai, AK, US

Sep 012017

2500 Laramie 4x4 6.2L

I purchased this 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 in August, 2017. I love this truck! --I immediately noticed that the horn has a significant delay from when you push the horn until it makes a sound. --I also noticed that the truck will often not turn off and throws an error message that the vehicle needs to be in "PARK." I can't get much more in PARK that the lever being all the way up/forward and in the detent. I have to take it out of PARK and return it to PARK to be able to turn the truck off. --The START button will not always start the truck and it will often take a very intentional press of the button to make it do so. I just passed 10,000 miles and things are getting worse: --I've learned to rely heavily on the park assist sensors on the front of the truck. These started failing just this week. I almost crashed into my garage as I pulled in as I have trained myself to roll forward until I hear the first beep of the sensor. I checked, checked again, and re-checked that the sensor-off buttons did not get pressed or something. I turned the truck off and back on again and the sensors began to work again. This has happened 3 or 4 times this week and I almost hit the rear of a parked car. I now have no faith in the parking sensors. --For about the past month the door locks have been automatically locking all doors intermittently. It has mostly happened after about 30 seconds of stopping and shutting off the truck but once or twice within about 5 seconds. --Tonight, December 8, 2017, upon putting the truck in park and shutting it off the truck lights flashed 3 times quickly and the horn sounded three times as well. The dash lights went black. I will contact the dealer and update this complaint here with additional info.

- SpratWorks L., Reno, NV, US