- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 14 days ago
- January 7: Ram 4500 and 5500 Trucks Under Federal Investigation investigations | 18 days ago
- January 5: Cadillac XLR Retractable Roof Investigation Closes investigations | 20 days ago
- December 29: VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Alleges Warranty Is Worthless news | 27 days ago
- December 23: Subaru Cracked Windshield Class Action Lawsuit Filed in California news | 33 days ago
Ram Recall U11: Vehicle May Rollaway
2017 Ram 2500
Being able to shift the transmission without pushing the brake pedal and/or without a key in the ignition can increase the risk of an unintended vehicle rollaway that may result in personal injury or a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017-2018 RAM 1500, 2500, 3500, 3500 Cab Chassis, 4500 Cab Chassis, and 5500 Cab Chassis vehicles, all equipped with a column shifter. Pushing the brake pedal for prolonged periods when the vehicle is running and in PARK may cause the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) pin to stick in the open position. With the pin in the open position, the transmission can be shifted out of PARK into any gear without pushing the brake pedal or having the key in the ignition.
- Chrysler will notify owners and dealers will update the Body Control Module software. Dealers will also test the BTSI operation, replacing the solenoid as necessary. The recall began February 26, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U11.
- Documents (11)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - February 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - U11/T79 2013MY-2018MY Owner Addendum Card
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79-U11 Second Revision Communication v4
- U11 Fleet Communication
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised February 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79 and U11 Safety Recall Update 2-20-18
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79-U11 Time Punching Exemption 2-27-18
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised March 2018
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
Click a tab for more information.