- June 22: Ram Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over 5500 Chassis Cabs news | 2 days ago
- June 17: Ram Truck Engine Fire Recall Involves 32,000 Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- June 17: Ram 1500 Recall Announced Over Rearview Camera Images recalls | 7 days ago
- June 15: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled Over Seat Frames recalls | 9 days ago
- May 29: Ford Recalls F-350 and F-450 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 26 days ago
Ram TSB #9003059
2015 Ram 3500
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL
- Park Assist Sensor 1) Active or Stored DTC of Signal Shape / Waveform Failure fault: B128E-25, B128F-25, B1290-25, B1291-25, B1292-25, B1293-25, B1295-25, B1296-25, B1297-25, and/or B1298-25, check for snow/mud/ice/obstruction and clean the Sensors, both front and back (behind bumper) of sensor. The snow/mud/ice can be behind the bumper, sensor retainer and/or the sensor which may cause customers to think they have an issue since they cleaned the front of the sensor/bumper, but not behind where dirt/mud/ice snow can accumulate. Once the Bumper and Sensors are completely cleaned and clear of snow, mud, ice, and/or obstruction, the sensors must activate in order for the faults to go STORED. After cleaning the Bumper and Sensors, turn off the engine, wait 10 seconds, turn on the engine and then place the vehicle in REVERSE so that the sensors activate. The faults will go STORED. 2) Active or Stored DTC code of Short to Ground fault: B128E-11, B128F-11, B1290-11, B1291-11, B1292-11, B1293-11, B1294-11, B1295-11, B1296-11, and/or B1298-11, or if you have an active or stored DTC code of Performance or Incorrect Operation fault: B128E-92, B128F-92, B1290-92, B1291-92, B1293-92, B1294-92, B1295-92, B1296-92, B1297-92, and/or B1298-92, then check the wiring behind the sensor. Specifically, ensure that the connector behind the park assist sensor is fully mounted. Ensure also, there is no dirt, corrosion, or damage in this connector behind the park assist sensor as this will also cause a Short to Ground fault. With potential wiring issues addressed, the sensors must activate in order for the faults to go STORED. After all sensors are properly connected (you will likely hear a click once the connector is fully seated on the sensor), turn off the engine, wait 10 seconds, turn on the engine and then place the vehicle in REVERSE so that the sensors activate. The faults will go STORED.
Click a tab for more information.