- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 0 days ago
- August 8: VW Recalls Tiguan SUVs After Reports of Fires recalls | 10 days ago
- August 4: GM Diesel Lawsuit Continues Over Duramax Emissions news | 14 days ago
- August 2: Ram Power Tailgate Lock Recall Includes 1.4 Million Trucks recalls | 16 days ago
- August 1: No Nationwide Class-Action for Chrysler Hacking Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
Ram Recall N26: Front Drive Shaft Fracture/Possible Loss Of Power
2012 Ram 4500
Damage to other components, or sudden loss of drive power may increase the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2012 RAM 4500 and 5500 trucks manufactured February 2, 2012, to December 22, 2012. Due to a welding issue with the front axle carrier, the front drive shaft may fracture and result in a loss of motive power and damage to surrounding components if the shaft continues to spin.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace or repair the front axle assembly, free of charge. The recall began on May 1, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N26.
- Documents (13)
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - original draft
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) Final Interim
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Quarterly Performance Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
Click a tab for more information.