- August 8: VW Recalls Tiguan SUVs After Reports of Fires recalls | 7 days ago
- August 4: GM Diesel Lawsuit Continues Over Duramax Emissions news | 11 days ago
- August 2: Ram Power Tailgate Lock Recall Includes 1.4 Million Trucks recalls | 13 days ago
- August 1: No Nationwide Class-Action for Chrysler Hacking Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- July 24: Cadillac CT6 Cars Recalled For Child Seat Restraint Issues recalls | 22 days ago
Ram Recall R17: Vehicle Can Exceed The Speed Rating Of The Tires
2015 Ram 4500
If the vehicle exceeds the tires' maximum speed rating, the tires may suddenly fail, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Chryser (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ram 4500 and 5500 cab chassis trucks manufactured August 20, 2013, to January 27, 2015 and equipped with 6.4L Hemi engines. The affected vehicles have a maximum governed speed of 106 mph but are fitted with tires that are only rated for a maximum speed of 87 mph.
- Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will correct the electronic control unit software to limit the vehicle's speed to 87 mph, free of charge. The recall began on June 10, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R17.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.