- April 14: Recall: Honda and Acura Seats Could Detach From the Floors recalls | 5 days ago
- March 30: Ram 2500/3500 Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 20 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 26 days ago
- March 20: Ram ProMaster City Vans Recalled For Steering Fluid Leaks recalls | 30 days ago
- March 15: 303,000 Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled For Sagging Gas Tanks recalls | 35 days ago
Ram Recall R17: Vehicle Can Exceed The Speed Rating Of The Tires
2015 Ram 4500
If the vehicle exceeds the tires' maximum speed rating, the tires may suddenly fail, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Chryser (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ram 4500 and 5500 cab chassis trucks manufactured August 20, 2013, to January 27, 2015 and equipped with 6.4L Hemi engines. The affected vehicles have a maximum governed speed of 106 mph but are fitted with tires that are only rated for a maximum speed of 87 mph.
- Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will correct the electronic control unit software to limit the vehicle's speed to 87 mph, free of charge. The recall began on June 10, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R17.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.