- October 26: Cars With Good Headlight Ratings Mean Less Car Crashes news | 33 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 68 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 74 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 81 days ago
- September 1: 2021 Subaru Impreza Owners Shouldn't Drive Their Cars recalls | 88 days ago
Subaru Preliminary Evaluation PE11011: Front suspension control arm failure
2008 Subaru Forester
Front suspension control arm failure
Suspension:Front:Control Arm:Lower Arm
- On September 6, 2011, Fuji Heavy Industries USA, Inc, on behalf of Subaru of America, Inc notified the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) it would be conducting a safety recall of certain model year (MY) 2002 through 2007 Subaru Impreza, MY 2003 through 2008 Subaru Forester, and MY 2005 through 2006 Saab 9-2X vehicles originally sold or currently registered in one the "salt belt" states including the District of Columbia (DC). For the purpose of this investigation, "salt belt" states include Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and DC.ODI's analysis of consumer complaint data identified 11 reports alleging failure of either the right or left lower control arm due to excessive corrosion. All of these complaints were associated with vehicles currently registered or originally sold in a "salt belt" state. Through a similar analysis of complaint and warranty data submitted to ODI by Subaru, ODI identified 18 consumer complaints and 6 warranty claims associated with failure of the left or right front lower control arm due to excessive corrosion. All of these consumer complaints associated with vehicles either currently registered of originally sold in a "salt belt" state.Accordingly, this investigation is closed.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.