4.7

2018 Subaru Forester windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Subaru Forester:

2018 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jun 022019

Forester

Minimal impact from small stone, now with crack that started under the wiper on drivers side and is gradually extending across windshield. Looks like this is not an isolated issue.

- Lisa N., Durham, NC, US

Dec 102018

Forester Premium 2.5i

• CVT transmission

Add my wife and I to the list of disgruntled Subaru owners. Our 2018 Outback suffered a spontaneous windshield crack, without impact to the glass, originating in the deicer area on the driver's side (like countless others reported online). At least three separate service bulletins have been issued related to this problem, and a class action lawsuit is underway in California. We purchased the extended bumper-to-bumper warranty, but after speaking with a service center rep who says she's aware of the issue but can't remember the dealership ever covering a warranty claim for windshield damage, I have little faith this will be resolved satisfactorily.

- Jordan J., Portland, OR, US

Aug 252018

Forester 2.5i Limited 2.5L

A small stone cracked my windshield on 8/25/2018, and the crack continues to grow while not even driving the vehicle. I live in Massachusetts where it is illegal to drive a car with a cracked windshield. The glass company told me that the part is on backorder from Subaru (verified with a second glass company) and will not be available before the beginning of October. This means that I will not be able to operate my car for at least 5 weeks.

I have tried to get the dealer where I purchased the car to give me a loaner, but so far no luck. I talked to someone at Subaru Customer Service about this issue and am waiting to see for a response. I have also been in touch with the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office (They just talked about the lemon law here.) and a local TV station's consumer complaint division (They suggested writing to the head of Subaru USA -- I plant to do this next.)

There was a class action suit for windshield issues for earlier years Outbacks and Legacys,

- Barbara W., Lincoln, US