- December 26: Subaru Starlink Lawsuit Says Updates Have Failed news | 20 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 35 days ago
- November 30: Subaru Cheated on Vehicle Inspections Longer Than Believed news | 46 days ago
- November 15: Subaru WRX Ringland Failure Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 61 days ago
- November 8: Recall: Don't Trust Subaru Legacy and Outback Fuel Gauges recalls | 68 days ago
Subaru Recall WWK-94: Subaru/Transmission Parking Rod
2001 Subaru Legacy
The vehicle could then move/roll without prior warning, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Certain sport utility and passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions were produced with an improperly manufactured transmission parking rod. When the transmission selector lever is placed in the "P" (park) position, the transmission park mechanism, that is intended to hold your vehicle, may not engage.
- Dealers will replace the automatic transmission parking rod assembly. Owner notification January 8, 2003. An interim owner notification will be sent during November 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Subaru at 1-800-782-2783.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.