- October 14: Subaru Engine Tuning Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- October 5: Subaru Recalls Legacy and Outback Vehicles For Parking Brakes recalls | 15 days ago
- August 26: Subaru Impreza WRX Engine Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 55 days ago
- August 17: Subaru Recalls Ascent SUVs For Missing Welds recalls | 64 days ago
- July 28: Subaru Recalls Forester SUVs For Incorrect Labels recalls | 84 days ago
Subaru Recall WWK-94: Subaru/Transmission Parking Rod
2001 Subaru Legacy
The vehicle could then move/roll without prior warning, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Certain sport utility and passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions were produced with an improperly manufactured transmission parking rod. When the transmission selector lever is placed in the "P" (park) position, the transmission park mechanism, that is intended to hold your vehicle, may not engage.
- Dealers will replace the automatic transmission parking rod assembly. Owner notification January 8, 2003. An interim owner notification will be sent during November 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Subaru at 1-800-782-2783.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.