- November 15: Subaru WRX Ringland Failure Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 2 days ago
- November 8: Recall: Don't Trust Subaru Legacy and Outback Fuel Gauges recalls | 9 days ago
- November 8: Subaru Broken Valve Springs Cause Recall of 165,500 Vehicles recalls | 9 days ago
- October 14: Subaru Engine Tuning Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- October 5: Subaru Recalls Legacy and Outback Vehicles For Parking Brakes recalls | 43 days ago
Subaru Recall WWK-94: Subaru/Transmission Parking Rod
2003 Subaru Legacy
The vehicle could then move/roll without prior warning, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Certain sport utility and passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions were produced with an improperly manufactured transmission parking rod. When the transmission selector lever is placed in the "P" (park) position, the transmission park mechanism, that is intended to hold your vehicle, may not engage.
- Dealers will replace the automatic transmission parking rod assembly. Owner notification January 8, 2003. An interim owner notification will be sent during November 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Subaru at 1-800-782-2783.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.