- October 14: Subaru Engine Tuning Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- October 5: Subaru Recalls Legacy and Outback Vehicles For Parking Brakes recalls | 19 days ago
- August 26: Subaru Impreza WRX Engine Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 59 days ago
- August 17: Subaru Recalls Ascent SUVs For Missing Welds recalls | 68 days ago
- July 28: Subaru Recalls Forester SUVs For Incorrect Labels recalls | 88 days ago
Subaru Recall : Fuel Pump May Leak Fuel
2001 Subaru Outback
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Fuel Pump
- Airtex Products LP (Airtex) is recalling certain model E8598M, E8518M, E8600M, E8596M, and E8597M fuel pumps manufactured July 26, 2013, and July 29, 2013 and used as aftermarket replacements on Subaru Baja's, Outback's and Legacy's. The affected fuel pumps were sold or installed into the aftermarket applications on or after July 26, 2013, and may may leak fuel from the base of a fuel line connection when the gas tank is full.
- Airtex will notify owners, and will replace the fuel pump, free of charge. Recall is expected to begin on January 2, 2014. Customers may contact Airtex at 1-800-880-3056. The recall is expected to begin during January 2014. This recall is being conducted by Airtex, not by Subaru.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.