- February 26: Park Your 2023 Subaru Solterra Until It's Repaired recalls | 22 days ago
- February 25: Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid Recall: Battery May Fail to Charge recalls | 23 days ago
- February 22: Subaru DriverFocus Class Action Lawsuit Continues news | 26 days ago
- January 27: Subaru Recalls 2022 WRX Cars if Equipped with 'EyeSight' recalls | 52 days ago
- January 2: Subaru Files Motion to Dismiss Fuel Pump Lawsuit news | 77 days ago
Subaru TSB #01-174-16
2017 Subaru Outback
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL
- This Service Information bulletin provides a guideline to use for placement of required or mandated windshield stickers (inside and / or outside) on vehicles equipped with EyeSight Driver Assist Technology and High Beam Assist (HBA) features. Examples of these types of stickers include: * Government facility / Military base access stickers * State-mandated Vehicle Safety Inspection and Emission Compliance stickers * Parking Permit Stickers The cameras used by both of these features require a clear, unobstructed "view" through the windshield for their proper operation. The illustration below shows the "Prohibited area" in gray. Any stickers mandated to be placed within the Prohibited area should be placed to the right of the EyeSight stereo camera and HBA camera, outside of the Prohibited area as shown in the illustration below. Viewed from inside the vehicle, the left edge of the sticker must be placed no more than 14 inches (slightly less is preferred as a "cushion" for measuring variation) from the right edge of the windshield as shown in the illustration and indicated by the box outlined in blue. Always consult state and local regulations applicable to windshield sticker placement.
Click a tab for more information.