- December 26: Toyota Camry HVAC Class Action Lawsuit Certified news | 30 days ago
- December 8: Joyson Airbag Recall Investigation Closed by Government investigations | 48 days ago
- November 24: Toyota Power Steering Recall Includes Sequoia and Tundra recalls | 62 days ago
- November 19: Toyota Recalls 2022 Sienna Minivans With Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 67 days ago
- November 17: Toyota Camry Recalled Over Brake Vacuum Pump Problems recalls | 69 days ago
Toyota Defect Investigation DP19004: Brake Actuator Valve Wear
2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Brake Actuator Valve Wear
Service Brakes, Hydraulic:Power Assist
- On September 19, 2019, the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) received a defect petition from Mr. Roger Hogan requesting that the Agency investigate and recall certain Toyota Prius, Prius PHV, Camry Hybrid and Avalon Hybrid vehicles for a brake actuator valve wear condition covered under Toyota Customer Support Programs ZJB and ZKK (subject CSP-€™s). In support of his request, the petitioner identified 117 NHTSA complaints allegedly related to the subject CSP condition, including 60 reporting crashes. On September 30, 2019, ODI opened Defect Petition DP19-004 to evaluate the petitioner-€™s request for an investigation. In August 2020, the petitioner notified the Agency that he was withdrawing his petition. Because the petitioner has withdrawn the petition, we are denying the petition as moot and no further analysis of this petition is necessary.NHTSA is authorized to issue an order requiring notification and remedy of a defect if the Agency-€™s investigation shows a defect in the design, construction, or performance of a motor vehicle that presents an unreasonable risk to safety. 49 U.S.C. §§ 30102(a)(9), 30118. Because the petitioner has with withdrawn the petition, the petition is denied as moot. This action does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that a safety-related defect does not exist. The Agency notes that it is not required to receive a defect petition prior to opening a defect investigation and will take further action if warranted by future circumstances.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.