- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 1 days ago
- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 8 days ago
- October 13: Toyota C-HR Rear Wheels Could Detach From the SUVs recalls | 10 days ago
- October 6: Toyota Recalls Avalon, Sequoia and Tundra For Airbag Failures recalls | 17 days ago
- October 5: Toyota Prius Limp Mode Recall Involves 2.4 Million Cars recalls | 18 days ago
Toyota Recall F0T: Driver's Knee Air Bag Module Bolts May Loosen
2016 Toyota Tacoma
The incorrect bolts may loosen over time and affect the performance of the driver's knee air bag, increasing the risk of driver injury during a crash that necessitates deployment of the air bags.
Air Bags — Knee Bolster
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2016 Tacoma trucks manufactured August 20, 2015, to September 10, 2015. In the affected vehicles, incorrect bolts were used to install the driver's knee air bag module.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will install the correct driver's knee air bag module mounting bolts, free of charge. The recall began on November 19, 2015. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is F0T.
- Documents (14)
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Published October 12, 2015 Safety Recall F0T – Remedy Notice
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 28, 2015 Safety Recall F0T – Remedy Notice 306 Specific 2016 Model Year Tacoma Vehicles Driver’s Knee Airbag Module Bolts * * * Operation Code Added * * *
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Updates 10/28/2015: Warranty Opcode Added Safety Recall F0T – Remedy Notice 306 Specific 2016 Model Year Tacoma Vehicles Driver’s Knee Airbag Module Bolts
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Other Recall Related Documents - Defect report
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.