- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 5 days ago
- October 13: Toyota C-HR Rear Wheels Could Detach From the SUVs recalls | 7 days ago
- October 6: Toyota Recalls Avalon, Sequoia and Tundra For Airbag Failures recalls | 14 days ago
- October 5: Toyota Prius Limp Mode Recall Involves 2.4 Million Cars recalls | 15 days ago
- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 44 days ago
Toyota Recall J0I: Rear Bench Seat Bracket Loose/FMVSS 207, 210, 225
2017 Toyota Tundra
If the rear split bench seat moves in a crash, the seat occupant has an increased risk of injury.
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2017 Toyota Tundra vehicles. One of the rear split bench seat leg brackets may not have been properly tightened to the vehicle's floor pan, possibly allowing the seat to move in a crash. A vehicle with an improperly tightened seat leg bracket could fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 207, "Seating Systems, " 210, "Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages, " and 225, "Child restraint anchorage systems."
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the five seat leg bracket bolts, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is J0I.
- Documents (6)
- Miscellaneous Document - February 20, 2018 - NONCOMPLIANCE INFORMATION REPORT
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 207, 210
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- February 20, 2018 - Safety (Noncompliance) Recall J0I – Remedy Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 02/28/2018 - Updated Dealer Letter
Click a tab for more information.