- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 4 days ago
- October 13: Toyota C-HR Rear Wheels Could Detach From the SUVs recalls | 6 days ago
- October 6: Toyota Recalls Avalon, Sequoia and Tundra For Airbag Failures recalls | 13 days ago
- October 5: Toyota Prius Limp Mode Recall Involves 2.4 Million Cars recalls | 14 days ago
- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 43 days ago
Toyota Recall H0C: Rear Step Bumper May Break After Damage To Bracket
2017 Toyota Tundra
If a person steps on the corner of the bumper that is damaged, a portion of the bumper may break away, increasing the risk of injury.
Structure — Body — Bumpers
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Tundra vehicles equipped with a resin rear step bumper and resin reinforcement brackets (vehicles with chrome step bumpers are not affected). In the event of an impact to the corner of the bumper, the resin bracket may be damaged but not be noticed.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the resin rear bumper reinforcement brackets with steel ones, and replace the rear bumper tread, free of charge. The recall began on May 21, 2017. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is H0C.
- Documents (14)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota January 24, 2017 Subject: Safety Recall H0C (Interim H1C) – Interim Notice
- January 24, 2017 DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota DATE March 6, 2017 TOPIC A Loaner Vehicle Reimbursement section has been added
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE 04/20/2017 TOPIC The Opcode section has been modified to clarify the opcode descriptions.
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota April 5, 2017 Safety Recall H0C (Interim H1C) Certain 2016 - 2017 Model Year Tundra Resin Rear Bumper Reinforcement Brackets
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SAFETY RECALL H0C CERTAIN 2016-2017 TUNDRA
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota April 13, 2017 Subject: Safety Recall H0C – Remedy Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota DATE: 04/20/2017 TOPIC: The Opcode section has been modified to clarify the opcode descriptions.
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.