- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 7 days ago
- February 10: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Not Good Enough, Says Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- February 9: Toyota Recalls Vehicles To Replace Engines recalls | 15 days ago
- February 6: 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Fuel Tank Issue Causes Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- January 31: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Gas Tank Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
Toyota Recall J0X: Air Bags May Not Deploy As Intended/FMVSS 208, 214
2018 Toyota Tundra
If the air bags do not deploy as intended, it can increase the risk of injury in a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Toyota Tundra and Sequoia vehicles and 2019 Toyota Avalon and Avalon Hybrid vehicles. The air bag electronic control unit (ECU) may erroneously detect a fault during the vehicle start-up self check. If this occurs, the ECU may not deploy the airbags as intended, in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection, " and 214, "Side Impact Protection."
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will update the software for the air bag ECU, free of charge. The recall began October 26, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is J0X. Note: 18V-122 was superseded by this recall. The software remedy also includes the updates to the software for 18V-122.
- Documents (14)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 10/11/2018 - Updated Dealer Letter
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Updated Dealer Letter - 10/22/2018
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 208, 214
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 5, 2018 - SAFETY (NONCOMPLIANCE) RECALL J0X (Remedy Notice)
- NONCOMPLIANCE INFORMATION REPORT
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.