- July 11: Volkswagen Jettas Recalled to Replace Airbag Modules recalls | 18 days ago
- June 12: Volkswagen ID.4 Recall Blamed on Headlight Adjustments recalls | 47 days ago
- May 24: VW Water Pump Lawsuit Says Plastic Cracks news | 66 days ago
- May 13: Recall: VW To Repurchase 46 Vehicles From Owners recalls | 77 days ago
- May 9: VW Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over 'Voltswagen' news | 81 days ago
Volkswagen TSB #V171302 2017813
2005 Volkswagen Beetle
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- Technical Bulletin (Oil Consumption Measurement): Customer states oil consumption is higher than the Volkswagen oil consumption standard of up to 0.5 quarts per 600 miles, or 0.5 liters per 1000 km. In order to provide effective lubrication and cooling of internal engine components, all internal combustion engines consume a certain amount of engine oil. Oil consumption varies from engine to engine and may change significantly over the life of the engine. Typically, engines with specified break-in periods consume more oil during the break-in period, and the oil consumption will stabilize after the break-in period. This document informs of oil consumption tests to check a vehicles performance.
Click a tab for more information.