- June 22: VW Exploding Sunroof Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- June 19: Audi CEO Rupert Stadler Arrested In Germany news | 4 days ago
- June 18: Volkswagen Recalls 2018 Atlas SUVs To Fix Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 5 days ago
- June 18: German Prosecutors Nail Volkswagen for $1.2 Billion news | 5 days ago
- June 14: VW Recalls 252 Vehicles, 233 To Be Bought Back recalls | 9 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69V2: Incorrect Driver Air Bag Installed/FMVSS 208
2017 Volkswagen Tiguan
In the event of a crash, the incorrect air bags may not protect the driver as intended, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Tiguan Limited vehicles. The front driver air bag installed on these vehicles may not be intended for use in vehicles sold in the United States. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering wheel and front driver air bag module, free of charge. The recall began May 30, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69V2.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.