- December 12: Volvo Door Latch Recall Includes S60, S60I, V60, S60CC and V60CC recalls | 38 days ago
- November 24: Volvo Android Auto Lawsuit Says XC90 Owners Got Scammed news | 56 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 57 days ago
- November 19: Lack of Federal Safety Standards Contributed to Uber Crash news | 61 days ago
- November 9: Elaine Herzberg Death: Self-Driving Uber Ignored Jaywalking Pedestrian investigations | 71 days ago
Volvo Recall R89571: Seat Air Bag Wiring Harness Routed Incorrectly
2016 Volvo XC90
If the wiring harness is routed incorrectly, the wiring may be damaged, disabling the front seat side impact air bag, and increasing the risk of injury to the seat occupant in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front seat side impact air bag.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Volvo Cars of N.A., LLC (Volvo) is recalling certain model year 2016 Volvo XC90 vehicles manufactured January 27, 2015, to May 19, 2015. The affected vehicles have front seats whose wiring harness for the Side Impact Protection System (SIPS) may have been routed incorrectly.
- Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the routing of the SIPS wiring, correcting the routing and installing a protective sleeve as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on June 30, 2015. Owners may contact Volvo customer service at 1-800-458-1552. Volvo's number for this recall is R89571.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 214
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.