- April 26: Germany and UK Find Interesting Emissions Levels news | 3 days ago
- March 29: Federal Trade Commission Sues Volkswagen Over False Ads news | 31 days ago
- March 28: Volkswagen Owners Wait For Repairs While Cars Continue to Pollute news | 32 days ago
- March 24: Kentucky Lawsuit Against Volkswagen Alleges Massive Fraud news | 36 days ago
- March 11: Jury Finds Audi Liable for $124.5 Million in A4 Quattro Crash news | 49 days ago
2005 Audi A4
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2005 Audi A4
Official recalls have been issued for the 2005 Audi A4 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Audi service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Audi customer service.
2005 Audi A4 ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE NHTSA Campaign #14E007000
Summary: The Gates Corporation (Gates) is recalling certain aftermarket Tru-Flow Water Pumps, part number TFW 41127, sold at certain NAPA Auto Parts and/or installed by automotive service technicians after November 1, 2013 (and manufactured August 2013 through October 2013) that have a black-colored pulley/sprocket or do not have 'US9377' stamped on the water pump housing. These service replacement parts were sold for use in model year 1999-2005 Audi A4, 2000-2006 Audi TT, 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle, 1999-2006 Golf, 1999-2008 and 2011-2013 Volkswagen Jetta, and 2000-2005 Volkswagen Passat. In the affected water pumps, the pulley or sprocket that turns the timing belt may develop microfractures causing the timing belt to fail.
Consequence: A failure of the timing belt may cause the engine to shut down, potentially increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Actions: Gates will notify owners, and dealers will replace the water pump, free of charge. The recall began during May 2014. Owners may contact The Gates Corporation at 1-303-744-1911. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14E007000 »