- March 18: No Bail For Volkswagen Executive Oliver Schmidt news | 11 days ago
- March 18: Volkswagen Touareg, Audi A5 and S5 Cabriolet Recalled recalls | 11 days ago
- March 4: Illegal VW Emissions May Cause 1,200 Premature Deaths news | 25 days ago
- February 5: VW 3.0 TDI Settlement Terms Released news | 52 days ago
- January 28: Volkswagen and Audi Recall Cars With Autoliv Airbags recalls | 60 days ago
2008 Audi A8
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2008 Audi A8
Official recalls have been issued for the 2008 Audi A8 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Audi service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Audi customer service.
2008 Audi A8 VISIBILITY:SUN ROOF ASSEMBLY NHTSA Campaign #16V415000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2007-2009 Audi A8 and S8 vehicles. The sunroof glass on the affected vehicles may not be properly secured to the sunroof frame. As a result, the sunroof glass may detach from the car while driving.
Consequence: If the glass detaches from the sunroof frame it could be come a road hazard, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will install additional adhesive between the sunroof glass and frame, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in August 4, 2016. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 60C3. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V415000 »