- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 12 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 15 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 16 days ago
- August 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 18 days ago
- July 30: GM Agrees to Settle Hundreds of Ignition Switch Cases news | 23 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 31 of 56)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 68 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 129 / 3
- Average Mileage:
- 60,623 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: