- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 7 days ago
- June 26: Investigation: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain Steering investigations | 10 days ago
- June 11: GM Truck Hood Recall Issued, Again recalls | 25 days ago
- May 13: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit and SS Cars Recalled recalls | 54 days ago
- April 28: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Blames Piston Rings news | 69 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Fuel System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Defective Fuel Modular13
- Fuel Leak5
- Crack In Fuel Pump2
- Gas Tank Filler Hose Failure1
- Poor Fuel Economy1
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System226
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline159
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump51
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other5
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, And ...3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.