- November 16: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 3500 and GMC Sierra 3500 recalls | 7 days ago
- October 30: GM Recalls GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado and Chevy Volt recalls | 24 days ago
- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 85 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 86 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
fuel system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
Worst 2006 Cobalt fuel system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- defective fuel modular13
- fuel leak2
- crack in fuel pump1
- gas tank filler hose failure1
- poor fuel economy1
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System192
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline157
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump51
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other5
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.