- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 2 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 7 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 13 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 22 days ago
- September 20: Chevrolet Trax Recall Issued For Separated Lower Control Arms recalls | 24 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.