- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 7 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 15 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 16 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 23 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Key Locked In Ignition2
- Battery Drains1
- Check Engine Light Stays On1
- Multiple Electrical Issues1
- Power Steering/Check Engine/Tc Lights On1
- Security Not Working Properly1
- NHTSA: Electrical System354
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition34
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch10
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.