- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 22 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 32 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 33 days ago
- December 17: GM Windshield Wiper Recall Investigation: 1,900 Complaints investigations | 35 days ago
- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 42 days ago
Multiple Electrical Issues
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 198,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- one week ago (1 reports)