- May 25: GM Duramax Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 4 days ago
- May 18: GM Recalls Chevy Spark to Fix Passenger Airbags recalls | 11 days ago
- May 18: Crash Tests: Tesla Model S, BMW i3, Chevy Volt and Toyota Prius Prime news | 11 days ago
- April 30: GM Headlamp Driver Module Recall Investigated investigations | 29 days ago
- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 85 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension Problems
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 2 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 52,346 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.