2002 Ford Escape accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 092012

Escape XLT 3.0L

I travel from Steven Point WI, to Lake Havasu,AZ and use my cruise control all the time. Its 2000 miles. I took my vehicle to my ford dealer, Hughes Ford of Milladore WI, an the service people disconnected the cruise control until it can be fixed. I asked when it may be repaired and they said ford hasn't even gotten the parts yet. It could be months. I sorry that's not acceptable. If this is the attitude then maybe I should choose another vehicle. Ford has always taken care of me and my family over the 50 years. let me know soon.

- , Stevens Point, WI, USA

Sep 132007

I was driving along and all the sudden, the cruise control just came on and the vehicle sped up. I smelled a funny smell twice earlier in the day, but gave it no real concern, attributing it to someone else. And I just got the recall checked by Ford. I guess I will have to go back.

- , Mystic, CT, USA