- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 13 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 17 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 20 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 29 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 41 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems97NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems64NHTSA complaints: 139
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems12NHTSA complaints: 36
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 28
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 48
- wheels / hubs problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 21
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 32
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.