- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 3 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 18 days ago
- March 31: Ford Recalls 48,000 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 30 days ago
- March 20: Ford Trucks Won't Be Recalled For Stalling Problems investigations | 41 days ago
- March 6: Judge Denies Ford's Motion to Dismiss Power Steering Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems100NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems65NHTSA complaints: 147
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 37
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems12NHTSA complaints: 43
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 50
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 23
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 33
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 40
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.