- July 30: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Gets Green Light
- July 22: Ford Recalls 8,000 Cars That Could Roll Away
- July 20: Ford Recalls Transit Vans To Replace Misprinted Seat Belt Label
- July 16: Ford Edge Water Leaks Will Be Sealed, But Don't Call It A Recall
- July 2: Ford Recalls C-MAX, Escape and Focus For Non-Stop Engines
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems90NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems61NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problems12NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 10
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.