- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
- March 23: Ford Focus and Fusion Power Steering Lawsuit Dismissed
- March 18: Ford Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Filed in Louisiana
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems88NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems60NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems15NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problems12NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 10
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.