- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 3 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 21 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 24 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 51 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 60 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems100NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems66NHTSA complaints: 151
- body / paint problems19NHTSA complaints: 41
- windows / windshield problems17NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems13NHTSA complaints: 45
- interior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 50
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 23
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 34
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 41
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.