- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 1 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 4 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 8 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 25 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 26 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems101NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems68NHTSA complaints: 153
- body / paint problems22NHTSA complaints: 44
- windows / windshield problems19NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems13NHTSA complaints: 48
- interior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 51
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- exhaust system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.