- August 18: Ford Recalls 26,400 Ford F-650 and F-750 Trucks
- August 15: Ford Headlights Not Working? Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Investigated
- August 8: Ford F-150 Aluminum-Body Crash Test Results
- August 4: Lincoln MKT Livery SUVs Recalled For Wrong Placard
- July 30: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Gets Green Light
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems92NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems61NHTSA complaints: 139
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems12NHTSA complaints: 36
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 28
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 48
- wheels / hubs problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 21
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 32
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 35
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.