- March 24: Ford Edge Door Ajar Light Recall Not Necessary, Say Feds investigations | 1 days ago
- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 3 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 5 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 10 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 20 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems101NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems68NHTSA complaints: 153
- body / paint problems22NHTSA complaints: 44
- windows / windshield problems18NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems13NHTSA complaints: 48
- interior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 51
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- exhaust system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.