- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 7 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 11 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 14 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 34 days ago
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems100NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems67NHTSA complaints: 153
- body / paint problems21NHTSA complaints: 44
- windows / windshield problems17NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems13NHTSA complaints: 48
- interior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 51
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- exhaust system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.