- November 23: Ford Recalls 452,000 Cars To Fix Gas Tank Leaks
- November 21: Ford Recalls E-350 and E-450 For Trailer Brake Problems
- October 28: Ford Recalls 131,000 Vehicles, Mostly SUVs For Fire Risk
- October 20: Ford F-150 Electric Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Upgraded
- October 3: Investigation Expanded Into Ford Explorer Police Interceptors
2006 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
Worst 2006 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems96NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems61NHTSA complaints: 139
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems12NHTSA complaints: 36
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 28
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 48
- wheels / hubs problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 21
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 32
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 35
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.