- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 1 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 10 days ago
- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 23 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 29 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems32NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problems19NHTSA complaints: 16
- transmission problems10NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 5
- AC / heater problems8NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 97
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 23
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 40
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 21
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.