- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 3 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 9 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 24 days ago
- March 31: Ford Recalls 48,000 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 36 days ago
- March 20: Ford Trucks Won't Be Recalled For Stalling Problems investigations | 47 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems32NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problems19NHTSA complaints: 16
- transmission problems10NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 97
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 22
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 40
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 21
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.