- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- windows / windshield problems14NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 45
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 16
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.