- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 10 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 20 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 26 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 39 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 51 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems39NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems23NHTSA complaints: 25
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems13NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 104
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 19
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 47
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 24
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 12
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.