- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 16 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 27 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 30 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 48 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems34NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems21NHTSA complaints: 23
- AC / heater problems11NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems11NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 102
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 45
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 24
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.