- August 22: Ford Recalls Vehicles With Leaking Gas Tanks and Flying Roof Glass
- August 17: Ford Recalls 160,000 Escape and Focus ST Vehicles For Erratic Engines
- August 14: Ford Recalls 83,000 Vehicles Because of One Small C-Clip
- August 8: Ford Recalls Vans and SUVs for Leaking Brake Fluid and Bubbly Windshields
- July 17: Ford Lawsuit Claims Steering Defects in Ford Fusion and Focus Cars
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems18NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 52
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 22
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 5
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.