- October 3: Investigation Expanded Into Ford Explorer Police Interceptors
- September 30: Ford Recalls 380,000 Vehicles in 6 Recalls
- September 15: Ford Mustang Hood Corrosion Lawsuit Tossed Out
- September 7: Ford Explorer Cracked Rear Panel Lawsuit Seeks Class Certification
- August 18: Ford Recalls 26,400 Ford F-650 and F-750 Trucks
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems27NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems13NHTSA complaints: 11
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 86
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 36
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.