- December 18: Ford Recalls 500,000 Mustangs To Fix Exploding Airbags
- December 4: Ford Recalls Mustang Sports Cars and Transit Connect Cargo Vans
- November 25: Ford Cleared in Steering Defect Investigation of 500,000 Cars
- November 18: Ford Fusions Recalled So They Don't Roll Away
- November 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes Lawsuit Still Breathing
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems21NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 72
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 8
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 33
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 11
- steering problemsNHTSA: 7
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.