- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 8 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 20 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 25 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 31 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 50 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems39NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems23NHTSA complaints: 25
- AC / heater problems13NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems11NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 104
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 19
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 47
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 24
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 12
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.