- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 15 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 19 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 31 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 43 days ago
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems30NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems14NHTSA complaints: 11
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 86
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 36
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.