- August 18: Ford Recalls 26,400 Ford F-650 and F-750 Trucks
- August 15: Ford Headlights Not Working? Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Investigated
- August 8: Ford F-150 Aluminum-Body Crash Test Results
- August 4: Lincoln MKT Livery SUVs Recalled For Wrong Placard
- July 30: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Gets Green Light
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems26NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 11
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 86
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 36
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 8
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.