- November 23: Ford Recalls 452,000 Cars To Fix Gas Tank Leaks
- November 21: Ford Recalls E-350 and E-450 For Trailer Brake Problems
- October 28: Ford Recalls 131,000 Vehicles, Mostly SUVs For Fire Risk
- October 20: Ford F-150 Electric Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Upgraded
- October 3: Investigation Expanded Into Ford Explorer Police Interceptors
2012 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.
Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.
Worst 2012 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- windows / windshield problems29NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems14NHTSA complaints: 11
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 86
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 36
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.