- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2004 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Worst 2004 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems17NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems14NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems13NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 32
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems2
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.