- July 2: Ford Recalls C-MAX, Escape and Focus For Non-Stop Engines
- June 26: Investigation Into Vacuum Assist Pumps in Ford F-150 Trucks
- June 24: Ford Recalls 203,000 Escape SUVs and Transit Connect Vans
- June 23: Ford 5.4 Liter Spark Plug Lawsuit
- June 7: Ford Fusion Hybrid MPG Lawsuit Says Advertised MPG Is Wrong
2004 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Worst 2004 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems13NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 32
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- AC / heater problems2
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.