- July 26: Austin, Texas: 60 Carbon Monoxide Detectors Activate in Ford Police SUVs news | 1 days ago
- July 26: Ford Recalls 117,000 F-150, E-Series, Escape and Lincoln MKC Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 4 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 7 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 11 days ago
2004 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Worst 2004 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems26NHTSA complaints: 116
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 12
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 127
- windows / windshield problems14NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems10NHTSA complaints: 129
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 27
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 31
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems2
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 38
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 15
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.