- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 18 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 31 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 39 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 40 days ago
2004 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Worst 2004 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems20NHTSA complaints: 106
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 12
- engine problems14NHTSA complaints: 124
- windows / windshield problems13NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems10NHTSA complaints: 119
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 25
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 30
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems2
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 49
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 34
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 15
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.