- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 18 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 27 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 49 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 55 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 62 days ago
2007 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
Worst 2007 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems47NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 60
- windows / windshield problems14NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems9NHTSA complaints: 36
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 21
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- exhaust system problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.