- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 3 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 9 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 24 days ago
- March 31: Ford Recalls 48,000 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 36 days ago
- March 20: Ford Trucks Won't Be Recalled For Stalling Problems investigations | 47 days ago
2007 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
Worst 2007 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems47NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 60
- windows / windshield problems14NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 35
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- exhaust system problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.