- November 28: Ford Tosses Takata, Toyota Recalls Takata Airbags
- November 23: Ford Recalls 452,000 Cars To Fix Gas Tank Leaks
- November 21: Ford Recalls E-350 and E-450 For Trailer Brake Problems
- October 28: Ford Recalls 131,000 Vehicles, Mostly SUVs For Fire Risk
- October 20: Ford F-150 Electric Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Upgraded
2007 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
Worst 2007 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems41NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 57
- windows / windshield problems13NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 31
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- AC / heater problems3
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.