- September 15: Ford Fiesta Door Latch Investigation Underway
- September 12: Ford Recalls Escape Hybrid and Mercury Mariner Hybrid After Engines Stall
- August 22: Ford Recalls Vehicles With Leaking Gas Tanks and Flying Roof Glass
- August 17: Ford Recalls 160,000 Escape and Focus ST Vehicles For Erratic Engines
- August 14: Ford Recalls 83,000 Vehicles Because of One Small C-Clip
2007 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
Worst 2007 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems32NHTSA complaints: 7
- engine problems21NHTSA complaints: 49
- windows / windshield problems11NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 25
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 6
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 10
- AC / heater problems3
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 15
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.