- July 30: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Gets Green Light
- July 22: Ford Recalls 8,000 Cars That Could Roll Away
- July 20: Ford Recalls Transit Vans To Replace Misprinted Seat Belt Label
- July 16: Ford Edge Water Leaks Will Be Sealed, But Don't Call It A Recall
- July 2: Ford Recalls C-MAX, Escape and Focus For Non-Stop Engines
2007 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
Worst 2007 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems37NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems25NHTSA complaints: 57
- windows / windshield problems13NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 31
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- AC / heater problems3
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.