- October 26: Ford Recalls Escapes and Mercury Mariners to Fix Gas Leaks recalls | 1 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Mustangs and Trucks Over Risk of Fires recalls | 1 days ago
- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 11 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 11 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 15 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
Worst 2013 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems66NHTSA complaints: 272
- interior accessories problems36NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems19NHTSA complaints: 36
- windows / windshield problems17NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 104
- fuel system problems13NHTSA complaints: 43
- transmission problems13
- exterior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 25
- steering problems9NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems7
- suspension problems7NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 38
- cooling system problems6
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 54
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 27
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.