- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 7 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 11 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 14 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 34 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
Worst 2013 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems69NHTSA complaints: 285
- interior accessories problems36NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems19NHTSA complaints: 37
- windows / windshield problems17NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 113
- fuel system problems15NHTSA complaints: 46
- transmission problems15
- exterior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 30
- steering problems9NHTSA complaints: 35
- AC / heater problems7
- suspension problems7NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 38
- cooling system problems6
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 56
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 53
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 30
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.