- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 1 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 10 days ago
- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 23 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 29 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
Worst 2013 Escape Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems59NHTSA complaints: 248
- interior accessories problems33NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems18NHTSA complaints: 28
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems12NHTSA complaints: 41
- transmission problems12
- electrical problems11NHTSA complaints: 85
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 20
- AC / heater problems6
- suspension problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 34
- cooling system problems5
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 47
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 49
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 22
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.