- March 27: Ford F-150 Door Latch Lawsuit Says Latches Freeze news | 0 days ago
- March 24: Ford Edge Door Ajar Light Recall Not Necessary, Say Feds investigations | 3 days ago
- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 5 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 7 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 12 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
Worst 2013 Escape AC / heater Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.