- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 17 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 26 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 48 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 54 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 61 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
Worst 2013 Escape AC / heater Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.