- August 18: Ford Recalls 26,400 Ford F-650 and F-750 Trucks
- August 15: Ford Headlights Not Working? Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Investigated
- August 8: Ford F-150 Aluminum-Body Crash Test Results
- August 4: Lincoln MKT Livery SUVs Recalled For Wrong Placard
- July 30: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Gets Green Light
2013 Ford Escape
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
Worst 2013 Escape AC / heater Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.