- August 19: Ford Focus EVAP Purge Valve Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 0 days ago
- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 9 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 17 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 18 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
Worst 2013 Escape AC / heater Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.