- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 19 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 28 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 50 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 56 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 63 days ago
O/D Light Flashing, Transmission Began To Slip
2007 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,355 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 28 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- rebuild tranmission and replace torque converter (15 reports)
- change the transmission (10 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)