- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 2 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 6 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 9 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 29 days ago
2004 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.
Worst 2004 Escape engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine stalls/shuts off while driving5
- sudden accleration / surge in speed4
- engine failure2
- noise while accelerating, loss of power2
- rough idle1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control67
- NHTSA: Engine25
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling11
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables11
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal5
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.